Doing Business in the UK and Europe
Wiggin has a long and successful track record of guiding international clients through the legal and commercial challenges of doing business in the UK and Europe, in addition to providing continuing advice as their businesses grow and their needs develop. We have particular experience of working with clients and law firms from the US on their UK and European legal needs.
Examples of the areas in which we provide support are:
- Investment and capital raising
- Strategic alliances, joint ventures and partnering arrangements
- Privacy and handling of data
- Commercial agreements with customers and suppliers
- IP protection and disputes
- IP exploitation
- Compliance with employment legislation
- Tax structuring and tax efficient incentivisation mechanisms for employees and advisors
- Property leasing and acquisition
Our international network
The majority of our work has a cross-border element to it and we have developed a network of best in class overseas law firms with deep expertise in media, technology, IP and data, which matches our own. Our network spans the globe and we have a particularly strong relationship with leading firms in the United States.
As a firm, we also have an extensive network of business contacts in our focus sectors. We can sometimes support clients by making valuable introductions to investors, banks, in addition to other entrepreneurs and businesses, and potential collaborators, customers or suppliers.