Expert consumer law advisors for media, tech, betting & gaming, and retail/e-commerce businesses.
Consumers are the lifeblood of businesses in these sectors.
The law protecting consumers is complex and penalties for breach can be significant. With much stronger enforcement powers on the horizon in the UK – including potential fines of up to 10% of annual global turnover – and an ever-changing consumer protection landscape across the EU, compliance with consumer law has never been more important.
Our experienced consumer team can assist your business with all aspects of consumer law compliance, with a particular emphasis on businesses active in the online and digital spaces. We understand our clients’ unique markets and this informs everything we do, drawing on years of experience to provide expert, commercial advice.
We advise businesses on:
- Terms & conditions/other consumer contracts
- Unfair contract terms and practices
- ‘Signposting’ & other contractual enforceability considerations
- Environmental/‘green’ claims and “Greenwashing”
- Compliant ‘customer journeys’
- Pre- and post-contract information requirements
- Statutory withdrawal rights
- Subscriptions & auto-renewing contracts
- Consumers’ statutory rights and remedies
- Complaint handling
- Multi-jurisdictional projects
- Dealing with the regulators including the ASA, CMA and Ofcom