Tel: +44 20 7927 9697
Ben heads our corporate team and has over 20 years of experience advising media and technology companies on their deals.
“I have a broad range of experience advising on deals in the media and technology sectors. Typical transactions include M&A, shareholder arrangements and joint ventures, corporate venturing and venture capital and corporate re-organisations and restructurings.
I’m particularly focused on deals involving technology, betting and gaming, TV and publishing/events businesses, acting for leading companies, investors and entrepreneurs in these sectors. A lot of my work has a cross-border element.
Clients describe me as “pragmatic, commercial and highly competent” – working with Wiggin’s market-leading commercial and regulatory experts, I enjoy helping clients to cut through negotiations and get their deals done.”
Ben Whitelock is the consummate professional. Highly commercial, personable and an excellent sounding board for his clients, he gets the job done quickly with the minimum of fuss.
Recent Experience +
- Evolution Gaming on its acquisitions of Big Time Gaming and DigiWheel
- Legendary Entertainment on the set up of independent production company Watford & Essex with Emma Frost and Matthew Graham
- CWC Group on the sale of various events to DMG Events
- Evolution Gaming on its acquisition of Ezugi
- Hiscox on various acquisitions and disposals and fintech investments
- Boat Rocker Media on its acquisition of FremantleMedia’s Kids and Family Entertainment TV division
- Stars Group (now Flutter Entertainment) on various gaming and technology-related acquisitions
- Milk VFX on an investment by the Business Growth Fund (BGF)
- Medisoft on its sale to Heidelberg Engineering
- InMotion Ventures on various mobility and transport technology investments
- Adtech company Adazzle on its sale to Comcast
- ZDF Enterprises on its investment into World Media Rights
- Kindred on its acquisition of Stan James Online
- Reed Exhibitions on the acquisition and disposal of various events businesses
- IGT on its recommended takeover of AIM-listed Probability Plc
- Thomsons Online Benefits on its secondary buy-out by ABRY Partners